Monday 6 April 2009

Navratri

Navratri is the Hindu festival of dance and worship. The word Navratri means nine nights in Sanskrit. This festival celebrated for worship of shakti(Durga and Paravati.) This festival usually celebrates in september, october or november. It depends on the movements of the planets. This festival celebrates at nights. The people of this culture celebrate this nine nights and ten days. Everyone celebrates this differently like in Western part of India, Navratri celebrates with the special kind of Garba dance. People put on so much jewelry and heavy clothes. This ritual starts every night nine o'clock to one or two or three o'clock. I really like this festival because I love dancing, and I want to learn all kinds of dances. I was fasinated by this festival since I was in middle school.

2 comments:

  1. Those dresses are very pretty.Your culture is very diffrent than my but also very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice clothes!
    Very colorful!

    ReplyDelete