Monday 6 April 2009

My favorite fruit - Sitafal

My favorite fruit is Sitafal or sugar apple or custard apple. I really like everything which is made from Sitafal. My favorite dessert is Sitafal ice cream. Sitafal contains white custard pulp with many black seed in it. Sugar apple is found in Asia during winter time. Sitafal is good for Ayurveda (Herbal) too. People of my country use this for many things like as a medicine for health. Some people dry the fruit, and they make powder of the dry fruit. Then they make paste of it to put in the hair to kill lices. Many women use this as a hair wash. Moreover, it helps to heal wounds. Not only actual Sitafal, but bark decoction helps to stop diarrhea. Sitafal leaves are good for diabetes. If the patient take a bath in warm water with its leave, it can cure arthritis. There are many other medical uses of this plant. One tablespoon of this powder can cure stomach problems. I really like this fruit very much since my childhood. I had waited for every winter when I was in my country. I really miss Sitafal.

3 comments:

  1. I never tried this fruit but I am sure it's really good. Maybe one dsy I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to eat this in Brazil. It's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, we call Fruta do Conde.

    ReplyDelete