Tuesday 17 February 2009

Indian weddings

Last night, I watched my cousin's wedding pictures online. I really enjoy the wedding because I really like the little little clutural procedures that almost last for 5 days before and after the wedding. This procedures take place on both sides, I mean in groom's house as well as brides. Brides' parents call their relatives and friends, and grooms' parents call theirs. First day, they read the holy book, so the couple will have peaceful life. Second day, is the day where both families book an place where they invite everyone for "Sangit". "Sangit" means where everyone dance on Bollywood songs. There many kinds dances take place on Sangit. Some call dancers to do it. I love Sangit because I love to dance. I had danced many different dances at weddings like Garba and bollywood dance. Third day the heena ceremony take place where some experts the family call to put heena on birdes' hand as well as friends and relatives. Brides always choose the most expensive heena. Fourth day, the main ceremony take place the wedding. After that, all give presents and good wishes to the newely wed couple. Next day both families gather together with friends and relatives with is called reception.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THOSE PICTURES AND DRESSES. POLISH WEEDINGS ARE MUCH DIFFERENT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lotta fun!
    Invite me for the next! haha

    ReplyDelete